Have you exhausted all of your social media marketing ideas and strategies? Do you feel like you’re stuck in a cycle of deciding that you need to use social media more, you post content for a few weeks, you don’t see the results that you hoped for so you burn out and stop posting for a few months until you feel that you should be using social media more? This cycle is more common than you think, and many business owners fall into this cycle because they do not have an effective social media strategy. At K2 Analytics, we help boost your social media posts more effectively through time tested methods as well as creating new and innovative methods. Here are a few tips that will help you post more effectively on your social media.
Remember the Basics
It can be easy to get caught up in all of the chaos that happens on social media, especially when you feel desperate to see a return on your investment whether it is time, money, or both. When this happens, remember to go back to the basics of your social media strategy:
- Set a goal (engagements, followers, content creation, etc.)
- Identify your audience persona and gear content towards them.
- Create interesting content.
- Measure your results often and refine and repeat the process.
Create, Post, and Share Content That Is Balanced
When it comes to searching online for marketing advice about social media, it seems that the most common advice given is to “create evergreen content.”
But here’s the reality about social media: depending on what social media platforms you are using, evergreen content may not be the best kind of content to post. So then what is?
And the answer is that you should be posting the kind of content that your key demographic actually wants to follow you for; content that they actually want to share.
Some content ideas that customers and followers will actually engage with include:
- Promotions/sales – everyone loves a bargain.
- News from around the industry/market – depending on your niche your audience may be interested in news and entertainment surrounding your industry. Don’t be afraid to share other people’s content.
- Content that evokes emotional response emotions – memes, heartwarming stories, even content that evokes anger is better than dull and boring content.
The idea is that by sharing content that is balanced between promotional, informative, and relatable, the organic stream of content will naturally get people to engage and boost your social media posts without bombarding them with one type of content.
Optimize Your Social Media Profiles
When was the last time you did an audit of your social media accounts to make sure that everything was fully optimized? You want to make sure that all of your accounts online:
- Consistent and memorable usernames across all platforms
- Recognizable logo/profile picture
- Keyword-rich descriptions
- Links that connect all of your profiles, especially your website
For more digital marketing tips and tricks, visit the K2 Blog.